How to make your own honeycomb mould with silicone and wax
For the passionate beekeeper silicone is a great material to use. It makes a perfect copy of your honeycomb so you can make a press using your honeycomb mold. Ways to make such a press are desciribed in Blogs on the internet.
To copy an object / honeycomb from beeswax, you should avoid using addition curing silicone because the cure can be countered by the amino acids in some beeswaxes. It is easier to use condensation-curing silicones such as DC 3481 or the condensation 20.
This guide shows you how to make a mold of a honeycomb. Pay attention. This mold is made with silicone culinair. This is an addition curing silicone. This is possible because the honeycomb used in this example does not consist of beeswax! However, the process is the same for condensation curing silicone.
- Silicone Condensation 20 €19,95 The Silicone Condensation 20 is a 2-component (poly-condensation) molding silicone which cures at room temperature.
- Silicone Condensation 20 Starter kit €28,50 Silicone Condensation Starter kit 20 is based on our 2-component (poly-condensation) casting silicone suited for soap, candle and concrete moulds etc.
- Condensation silicone DC 3481 Fast €8,25 The Silicone condenation DC 3481 with catalyst 3081 F is idealy suited to make molds for concrete, wax or soaps in a relatively short time.
- Condensation silicone DC 3481 R €95,50 The Silicone condenation DC 3481 with catalyst 3081 R is idealy suited to make molds for aggressive resins like Epoxy, Polyester and Polyurethane.
- Silicone Glue Set €36,25 This Silicone Glue Set is ideal for bonding cured silicone to a wide variety of substrates.
- Ordered before 16:00 (Fridays 14.00), shipped the same day
- Always the best price guarantee...
- Not good? Money back guarantee
- Independent customer reviews on trusted shops
- Free shipping in the Netherlands on all orders of € 50 or more
- Customer Service Tel. 0031 46 410 62 60 or in our shop