design with silicones and casting materials
In the world of art and design silicones are more and more used as an end product because of their properties. Of course silicones are still very often used as a mold for detailed objects too.
If silicone material is intended to be the final product, we advise to use addition curing silicone. These kind of silicones are stable over many years and do not degrade because of UV or weather influences.
There are many types of silicones, with different hardness and ductility. Some silicones are even transparent or crystal clear which makes coloring them easier or which makes them suitable to be used in lighting projects.
Silicones are used for example as flexible lampshades or in beautiful bright objects in which LEDs are used.
Also you can use silicon as a mold for casting acrylic resins, PU or epoxy or concrete. So you can achieve cool or quirky designs. For example, create your own concrete frame or lamp, or create decorative pillars with acrylic resin.
- Acrylic resin Accelerator €7,25 With Acrylic resin accelerator you can speed up the curing process of the acrylic resin.
- Acrylic Resin Sealer Matt €8,50 Acrylic Sealer Matt is a water-based matt coating to protect your acrylic model from moisture and make it weatherproof.
- Acrylic Resin Sealer Satin €8,50 Acrylic Sealer Satin is a water-based shiny coating to protect your acrylic model from moisture and make it weatherproof.
- Acrylic resin Set €11,50 Acrylic resin Set is a plaster-like acrylic resin composed of a powder and liquid
- Acrylic resin Thixo €4,50 Acrylic resin Thixo is an additive to thicken the Acrylic resin set. This way you can make gels or paste like material.
- Epoxy Crystal Clear €35,50 A clear epoxy casting system that is UV resistant. This is the easiest clear resin and it is stronger than polyester
- Epoxy support cover €47,50 Epoxy support cover is a two component epoxy system, filled with carbon fiber. This product is used to support flexible moulds.
- Filler Fillite 300 €109,00 Filler Fillite 300 are light weight micro baloons suitable for many kinds of resins and molding materials.
- Ordered before 15:00 (Fridays 13.00), shipped the same day
- Always the best price guarantee...
- Not good? Money back guarantee
- Independent customer reviews on trusted shops
- Free shipping in the BeNeLux on all orders of € 50 or more
- Customer Service Tel. 0031 46 410 62 60 or in our shop
- Filler glass beads (hollow) €4,25 Filler glass beads (hollow) are microscopic glass spheres. These beads are often used as a filler for silicone and resins.
- Filler Glass fibres 4.5 mm €11,95 Glass fibres 4.5 mm can be used to reinforce all kinds of resins like Acrylic, polyester, pu, epoxy and even silicone.
- Glass fibre fabric 190 g / m2 €12,25 Glass fibre fabric (woven/ braided) 190 g / m2 can be used as reinforcement in eg Acrylic resins, silicone or polyester.
- Plaster bandage €11,95 Plaster bandages to make support hulls for (alginate) molds.
- Plasticine €7,50 Plasticine is a synthetic putty which remains soft in contrast to normal clay.
- Polyester Clear Set €9,95 Polyester clear is an accelerated unsaturated polyester resin dissolved in styrene.
- Polyurethane Casting System A75 Flexible Set €24,25 Polyurethane Casting System A75 Flexible Set gives a nice flexible rubber like cast with high tear strength. This PU is well suited for small to medium sized flexible castings.
- Polyurethane Casting System Crystal clear €14,50 Crystal clear polyurethane Set is a crystal-clear and UV-resistant polyurethane casting system.
- Polyurethane Casting System Crystal clear 11 €32,75 Crystal clear polyurethane Set is a crystal-clear and UV-resistant polyurethane casting system for smaller castings.
- Polyurethane casting system D70 Quick Set €14,95 Polyurethane casting system D70 Quick Set is a polyurethane casting system consisting of an A component and B component that hardens at room temperature to a rigid plsatic. The system works well for very small up to moderately small castings, protot...
- Polyurethane casting system D80 Set €14,00 Polyurethane casting system D80 Set is a polyurethane casting system consisting of an A component and B component. This PU results in a hard plastic that is very suitable for small to medium castings, fixing molds, foundry models, replicas and prototypes.
- Polyvinyl Alcohol Release agent (PVA) €4,95 This poly vinyl alochol solution will build a layer that will protect addition curing silicones from inhibition by the surface of the model.
- Porcelain gypsum plaster €4,75 Porcelain gypsum is cast into molds, for reliefs, models, ornaments and reproductions of large shapes up to small highly detailed shapes.
- Silicone Addition Clear 25 €29,25 A silicone Clear 25 Set is a two component addition curing silicone that results in a crystal clear clear silicone rubber.
- Silicone Addition Clear 5 (very soft) €28,95 A silicone Clear 5 Set is a set of two component addition cure silicone that very clear slightly yellowish silicone rubber.
- New Silicone Addition Colorless 5 (very soft) €21,95 This set consists out of two component addition cure silicone that cures to very soft transparent slightly yellow silicone rubber. This is ideal for masks or for moulds of fragile castings