design with silicones and casting materials
In the world of art and design silicones are more and more used as an end product because of their properties. Of course silicones are still very often used as a mold for detailed objects too.
If silicone material is intended to be the final product, we advise to use addition curing silicone. These kind of silicones are stable over many years and do not degrade because of UV or weather influences.
There are many types of silicones, with different hardness and ductility. Some silicones are even transparent or crystal clear which makes coloring them easier or which makes them suitable to be used in lighting projects.
Silicones are used for example as flexible lampshades or in beautiful bright objects in which LEDs are used.
Also you can use silicon as a mold for casting acrylic resins, PU or epoxy or concrete. So you can achieve cool or quirky designs. For example, create your own concrete frame or lamp, or create decorative pillars with acrylic resin.
- Epoxy Crystal Clear €35,50 A clear epoxy casting system that is UV resistant. This is the easiest clear resin and it is stronger than polyester
- Silicone Addition Pink 10 €25,95 The silicone addition Pink 10 is a 2-component (polyaddition) casting silicone, that cures at room temperature to a soft rubber.
- Polyurethane casting system D80 Set €14,00 Polyurethane casting system D80 Set is a polyurethane casting system consisting of an A component and B component. This PU results in a hard plastic that is very suitable for small to medium castings, fixing molds, foundry models, replicas and prototypes.
- New Silicone Addition Colorless 5 (very soft) €21,95 This set consists out of two component addition cure silicone that cures to very soft transparent slightly yellow silicone rubber. This is ideal for masks or for moulds of fragile castings
- Polyester Clear Set €9,95 Polyester clear is an accelerated unsaturated polyester resin dissolved in styrene.
- New Silicone Addition Colorless 50 (hard) €21,95 This set consists out of two component addition cure silicone that cures to a relatively hard but still very flexible transparent slightly yellow silicone rubber. This is ideal for stable moulds or even to toughen the silicone colorless 5 when mixed.
- Silicone Addition Clear 25 €29,25 A silicone Clear 25 Set is a two component addition curing silicone that results in a crystal clear clear silicone rubber.
- Silicone Addition Wacker M4601 €46,25 Silicone Addition Wacker M4601 has a good resistance to casting resins (in particular, polyurethane) and low shrinkage. These silicones are very suitable for making strong, flexible and non greasy molds.
- Ordered before 16:00 (Fridays 14.00), shipped the same day
- Always the best price guarantee...
- Not good? Money back guarantee
- Independent customer reviews on trusted shops
- Free shipping in the Netherlands on all orders of € 50 or more
- Customer Service Tel. 0031 46 410 62 60 or in our shop
- Polyurethane Casting System A75 Flexible Set 1,4 kg. €24,25 Polyurethane Casting System A75 Flexible Set gives a nice flexible rubber like cast with high tear strength. This PU is well suited for small to medium sized flexible castings.
- Polyurethane Casting System Crystal clear 11 €32,75 Crystal clear polyurethane Set is a crystal-clear and UV-resistant polyurethane casting system for smaller castings.
- Polyurethane casting system D70 Quick Set €14,95 Polyurethane casting system D70 Quick Set is a polyurethane casting system consisting of an A component and B component that hardens at room temperature to a rigid plsatic. The system works well for very small up to moderately small castings, protot...
- Silicone Addition Green 30 Set €25,95 The silicone addition Green 30 is a 2-component (polyaddition) casting silicone, that cures at room temperature to a relatively hard rubber.
- Wax modeling hard €9,95 Wax modeling is tough specially designed for art and sculpture. This wax is more stable than the modeling default hard even at a higher temperature.
- Silicone Addition Yellow 25 €25,95 The silicone addition Yellow 25 is a 2-component (polyaddition) casting silicone, that cures at room temperature to a medium hard rubber.
- Epoxy support cover €47,50 Epoxy support cover is a two component epoxy system, filled with carbon fiber. This product is used to support flexible moulds.
- Wax Modeling Wax Medium Hard €9,75 Modeling wax Medium Hard is a modelling wax that works well at room temperature but does not sack quickly at elevated temperatures.
- Silicone Addition Clear 5 (very soft) €28,95 A silicone Clear 5 Set is a set of two component addition cure silicone that very clear slightly yellowish silicone rubber.
- Silicone Addition Gel 840 Water Clear €25,50 This silicone gel is extremely suitable for potting and encapsulating of electronics and optical elements that require to be periodically measured after potting.