Double Coat Double UV Set
Double Coat Dubbel UV is a slightly flexible, high-gloss, high solid, 2-component polyurethane topcoat, with special UV filters.
Due to its flexibility, the lacquer is ideally suited to be applied to a pre-treated wooden surface.
- Fills wood grain;
- Excellent application properties, easy to apply by brush roller or spray;
- Excellent levelling, after curing no brush marks or orange peel will be visible;
- Good resistance to various chemicals and (sea) water;
- Good scratch and mar resistance;
- Excellent gloss retention, non-yellowing;
- Recommended as transparent varnish for various types of wood.
- Temperature resistant up to 70°C
Colours and gloss:
Transparant - high gloss
Basic proporties (at 23°C and 50% R.H.)
- Density: approx. 1,1 g/cm³
- Solid content: approx. 58 % (volume)
- Recommended d.f.t.: 30 - 40 µm (dry), depending on application, see additional information
- Dust dry after: approx. 2 hours
- Full cure after: approx. 7 days, see additional information
- Recoating interval: min. 24 hours, see additional information
max. unlimited, provided gritpapered, clean and dry
- Shelf life: separate components, stored cool an dry in original packaging, minimum 12 months
- Flash point (DIN53213): base component 48°C, hardener 150°C
At 30 µm (d.f.t.) : 19,3 m2/l
At 40 µm (d.f.t.) : 14,5 m2/l
The practical spreading rate depends on a number of variables, such as: shape and size of object to
be painted, the condition and profile of the substrate, the method of application, climatologic
conditions and skill of labour.
Substrate condition and temperature:
- Wood : moisture content maximum 12%, pre-treated with one coat of Variopox
Injection resin and sanded with grit paper P120-180;
- Previous varnishes : Previous varnish in good condition, dry and free from contamination and
loose particles; sanded with grit paper P120-180. Double Coat Dubbel UV
is not suitable to be applied to previous coats one component varnish.
During application and curing a minimum temperature of 15ºC is allowed. The temperature of the
substrate should be minimum 3ºC above dew point.
Instructions for use:
Before use, mix base and hardener components thoroughly
- 75,0 base : 25,0 hardener (by weight)
- 75,0 base : 25,0 hardener (by volume)
Do not prepare more material than can be applied within the pot life of the mixture.
- 10 minutes at 25ºC
- 20 minutes at 20ºC
- 30 minutes at 10ºC
- 1 hours at 25ºC
- 2 ½ hours at 20ºC
- 4 hours at 10ºC
H226 Flammable liquid and vapour.
H317 May cause an allergic skin reaction.
H336 May cause drowsiness or dizziness.
H412 Harmful to aquatic life with long lasting effects.
P-Code Precautionary Statements
P101 If medical advice is needed, have product container or label at hand.
P102 Keep out of reach of children.
P103 Read label before use.
P210 Keep away from heat, hot surfaces, sparks, open flames and other ignition sources. No smoking.
P261 Avoid breathing mist/vapours/spray.
P280 Wear protective gloves/protective clothing/eye protection/face protection.
P303+P361+P353 IF ON SKIN (or hair): Take off immediately all contaminated clothing. Rinse skin with water [or shower].
P405 Store locked up.
P501 Dispose of contents/container in accordance with local/regional/national/international regulations.