Double Coat Satin Kit
Double Coat Satin Gloss is a high-quality dd lacquer for applications where very high demands are placed on scratch resistance and gloss retention.
- Easy to apply, see additional information;
- Good resistance to various chemicals;
- Excellent scratch and mar resistance;
- Excellent gloss and colour retention;
- Good adhesion to various materials (even without the use of primers);
- Suitable as finishing coat in two component paint systems for properly pre-treated wood, steel,
aluminium, epoxy, GRP, ABS, etc.
- Temperature resistant up to 70°C
Colours and Gloss
8 basic colours available. Other colours on request. High gloss.
Basic proporties (at 23°C and 50% r.h.)
- Density: approx. 1,2 g/cm3 (depending on colour)
- Solid content: approx. 52 % (volume)
- Recommended d.f.t.: 35 - 70 µm (dry), depending on application, see additional information
- Dust dry after: approx. 2 hours
- Full cure after: approx. 5 days, see additional information
- Recoating interval: min. 24 hours, see additional information
max. unlimited, provided gritpapered, clean and dry
- Shelf life : separate components, stored cool an dry in original packaging, minimum 12 months
- Flash point (DIN53213): Double Coat base component 44°C, Double Coat hardener 45°C
- At 35 µm (d.f.t.) : 12,3 m2/kg (14,8 m2/l)
- At 50 µm (d.f.t.) : 8,6 m2/kg (10,4 m2/l)
- At 70 µm (d.f.t.) : 6,2 m2/kg ( 7,4 m2/l)
The practical spreading rate depends on a number of variables, such as: shape and size of object to
be painted, the condition and profile of the substrate, the method of application, climatologic
conditions and skill of labour.
Substrate, condition and temperature
All substrates : clean and dry, in good condition, free from any contamination and loose
particles, pre-treated with IJmopox ZF primer, IJmopox HB coating or Variopox Injection resin and Double Coat high gloss, sanded with grit paper P320.
During application and curing a minimum temperature of 15°C is allowed. The temperature of the
substrate should be minimum 3°C above dew point.
Instructions for use
Before use, mix base and hardener components thoroughly.
- 67,0 base:33,0 hardener (by weight)
The mixing ratio by volume depends on colour.
Do not prepare more material than can be applied within the pot life of the mixture.
- 30 minutes at 20ºC
- 2 hours at 25ºC (depending on colour)
- 3 hours at 20ºC (depending on colour)
- 4 hours at 15ºC (depending on colour)
H226 Flammable liquid and vapour.
H317 May cause an allergic skin reaction.
H336 May cause drowsiness or dizziness.
H412 Harmful to aquatic life with long lasting effects.
P-Code Precautionary Statements
P101 If medical advice is needed, have product container or label at hand.
P102 Keep out of reach of children.
P103 Read label before use.
P210 Keep away from heat, hot surfaces, sparks, open flames and other ignition sources. No smoking.
P261 Avoid breathing mist/vapours/spray.
P280 Wear protective gloves/protective clothing/eye protection/face protection.
P303+P361+P353 IF ON SKIN (or hair): Take off immediately all contaminated clothing. Rinse skin with water [or shower].
P405 Store locked up.
P501 Dispose of contents/container in accordance with local/regional/national/international regulations.