Gelcoat Universal ISO
Do not forget to order the MEKP hardener (1.5 -2%): CLICK HERE
A polyester gelcoat is used as the first layer of polyester resin in a laminate and ensures good adhesion and waterproofness.
After hardening, this gelcoat is resistant to water and temperature changes.
This gelcoat is suitable for ponds, but we do not recommend it for swimming pool water or water to which chemicals have been added, such as Aquariums. You can find a gelcoat for swimming pools and aquariums here: Gelcoat Premium
This universal variant is food safe!
Polyester gelcoat is available in many RAL colors.
We have the most standard colors in stock. Other RAL colors are available within 1 working day.
- Mixing ratio (100 grams at 20 ° C): 100: 2 (1.5 to 2% MEKP hardener.)
- Processing time: 20 minutes
- Fully cured:
- Gel time: 20-30 minutes
- Viscosity: 300-400 cSt
- Density: 1.30 ± 0.05 g / cm3
- Barcol hardness: 38-40
- Coverage power:> 400µ
- Gel time: 20-30 minutes
- Time to Exothermal: 34-55 minutes
- Exothermal peak: Fig 130 ° C ± 20°C
- Tensile strength (ISO 527 - 1/2 - 1993): 80 MPa
- Tensile modulus (ISO 527 - 1/2 - 1993): 3300 MPa
- Flexural strength (ISO 178-1993): 130 MPa
- Flexural modulus (ISO 178 - 1993): 3400 MPa
- Tensile strength (ISO 527-1 / 2-1993): 4%
- Heat Distortion Temperature (ASTM D 2583-87): 92°C
- Color wenn not colored with a dye: Natural / light pink sheen
This product should be used at a temperature between 15°C and 30°C (workshop, product, mold) with humidity below 80%.
Normally, a gelcoat is applied in a layer thickness of 0.3 - 0.5 mm. Make sure the gelcoat does not run. The structure of the gelcoat is determined by the way of application. Brush, roller or spray will produce a different texture.
The gelcoat can be laminated after 60 minutes at 20 ° C. Ideally, you should start laminating over the gelcoat within 3 to 8 hours of applying the gelcoat. Waiting longer can weaken the bond. Before laminating, make sure that the gelcoat does not get dirty and / or dusty, nor is it too hot or exposed to direct sunlight.
No thinning is necessary. In extreme cases however, this may be done:
- Use a maximum of 6% acetone or 7% styrene for spraying.
- Use a maximum of 5% thinner for brush application as to much thinning can make the polyester porous.
After adding and mixing a color to 1 of the components, let it rest for 20 minutes before mixing with the other component. This is to reduce air bubbles.
Store below 20°C. With proper storage (tightly closed, dark and cool but never too cold) can be kept for at least 6 months.
Keep containers tightly closed. Store and handle ina dry, well-ventilated place away from heat sources or inflammation and direct sunlight. Never weigh in the storage area.Consult material safety.
Use safety gloves, splash goggles and work in a ventilated area or with a respirator for organic vapors. Wash hands and skin thoroughly after contact or after normal use, rinse eyes and mouth in case of accidents.