Release agents for the mould or the original item
- Release agent (spray) €15,25 This release spray works well for releasing your silicone mold from the original or for releasing castings from your silicone mold.
- Polyvinyl Alcohol Release agent (PVA) €4,95 This poly vinyl alochol solution will build a layer that will protect addition curing silicones from inhibition by the surface of the model.
- TR Mold Release Release Agent Wax TR-108 €19,95 This release agent is a wax to facilitte the de-moulding of the silicone mold from the original and to release casts from the silicone mold.
- Talcum Powder Finntalc M-30-sq €1,95 Talcum Powder is a multifunctional material that can be used for many purposes. The powder is ideal to eliminate the non-slipping character of silicone, but can also be used for a fine discharge between two layers of addition silicone .
- Ordered before 16:00 (Fridays 14.00), shipped the same day
- Always the best price guarantee...
- Not good? Money back guarantee
- Independent customer reviews on trusted shops
- Free shipping in the Netherlands on all orders of € 50 or more
- Klantenservice Tel. +31(0)46 303 09 89 of zelfs in onze winkel
Release agents facilitate the release of a silicone mould or original from a mould.
Normally silicones do not bound to most surfaces. However they tend to mechanically bond to porous surfaces like unfinished wood, or baked clay. In this case we advise to use a release agent and / or a pore filler.
Condensation curing silicones chemically bond to all silicones. Therefore you need to use a release agent when you pour fresh condensation curing silicones in a silicone mould.
Addition curing silicones only adhere to addition curing silicones that are not fully crosslinked. However it is hard to predict when this will be the case. Therefore we advise to use a release agent when pouring addition curing silicones in an addition curing mould.