- Silicone Condensation Kneadable (Above Average Hard) €42,50 This kneadable condensation curing silicone is an ideal way to copy small and relatively flat shapes quickly and easily.
- Epoxy Support Cover Carbon €47,50 Epoxy support cover is a two component epoxy system, filled with carbon fiber. This product is used to support flexible moulds.
- Huismerk Epoxy support Glassfiber Cover €131,10 Epoxy support cover is a two component epoxy system, filled with Glassfiber. This product is used to support flexible moulds.
- Ordered before 16:00 (Fridays 14.00), shipped the same day
- Always the best price guarantee...
- Not good? Money back guarantee
- Independent customer reviews on trusted shops
- Free shipping in the Netherlands on all orders of € 50 or more
- Klantenservice Tel. +31(0)46 303 09 89 of zelfs in onze winkel
Molds are used for many things. Be it the production of statues in concrete, cement, polyurethane, polyester, etc. or even making sweets. These molds are often made of silicone because of its flexibility and good resistance to aging by UV and temprature. Some silicone can withstand temperatures of 380 ° C for short periods of time and are therefore suitable for metals with low melting point like some tin compounds.
Silicones come in many different types, from one component silicone sealant to two or more components liquid silicone which harden at room temperature. In industrial applications one often uses silicone compounds which are processed with presses or injection machines at higher temperature.
For many applications, a two component room temeprature hardening silicone will do the trick, but for added strength, we recommend the use of silicone compounds (silicone paste) which usually harden at higher temperatures.
Moulds are often made via the casting process in which the original is placed in a container and silicone is poured over it. With more demanding or bigger models however it is easier to make the silicone paste like and brush it against the model. The silicone skin thus obtained has got a lot of detail but no dimensional stability. For this you would need a support hull made e.g. form epoxy or Acrylic resin.