Potting and encapsulating
Silicones are very stable under the influence of temperature and weather. This makes silicone an ideal sealing and potting material for electronics and optical elements.
Silicones naturally have a high volume resistivity and a dielectric constant of around 3 at 1 kHz.
With fillers, silicones can be made conductive for electricity and / or heat.
Due to the low or no shrinkage and the absence of bleeding by products we usually recommend the use of addition-curing silicones. If a project should be cheap however condensation curing silicones are possible too.
A silicone gel is mostly used in electronic devices where after the encapsulation some elements should remain measurable or in projects with highly sensible equipment.
Almost all addition curing silicones may be used for potting or encapsulating electronics. Silicones may be colored with appropriate dyes.
Silicones attach to almost nothing when the surface is smooth. If adhesion is desired please degrease (with thinner) and if possible roughen the surface and use a primer to promote adhesion.
- Silicone Addition Clear 25 €29,25 A silicone Clear 25 Set is a two component addition curing silicone that results in a crystal clear clear silicone rubber.
- Silicone Primer €18,25 The Silicone Primer increases the adhesion between a surface and the addition silicone that is poured onto it.
- Silicone Addition Clear 5 (very soft) €28,95 A silicone Clear 5 Set is a set of two component addition cure silicone that very clear slightly yellowish silicone rubber.
- Silicone Addition Gel 840 Water Clear €25,50 This silicone gel is extremely suitable for potting and encapsulating of electronics and optical elements that require to be periodically measured after potting.
- Ordered before 15:00 (Fridays 13.00), shipped the same day
- Always the best price guarantee...
- Not good? Money back guarantee
- Independent customer reviews on trusted shops
- Free shipping in the Netherlands on all orders of € 50 or more
- Customer Service Tel. 0031 46 410 62 60 or in our shop