When you are duplicating or making a statue, silicone is your material of choice. Silicones copy details up to 1 micro meter. Silicones are flexible which will greatly facilitate the removal of the final casting. Our silicones normally are 2 component liquid silicones that harden at room temperature (Room Temperature Vulcanising). However when you prefer to brush the silicone onto your model you can thicken the silicone using a thixo.
With silicones you can make flexible moulds of statues and figurines for wax, soap, concrete, cement, acrylic resin, plaster polyurethane, epoxide and many more casting materials. If you use a resin that is “aggressive” to silicone, like polyurethane, polyester or epoxide the number of castings you can make is limited by the kind of resin and the volume of the casting. All other neutral casting products can be cast into this mould almost limitlessly.
When building a silicone mould we normally advise to build a 5 mm thick silicone skin. For larger moulds however this will make the silicone mould less stable. To counter this one can use a support. A support is often made out of wood or plaster. Lightweight supports are made from acrylic resin with glass fibre fabric or an epoxide support material set. Often the case / moulding box in which the silicone is poured over the original model is used as a support.
Moulding boxes can be made from wood, plastic (like a case for butter) or even made with Lego stones or kneaded with plasticine. The better the box fits around the model the fewer silicone you use. Please take care to lacquer / finish moulding boxes made out of porous materials like unfinished wood or clay. This also goes for the model you want to copy.
- Gilding Wax €8,95 With the Gilding Wax you can give an art piece/object made from porcelain plaster or acrylic resin a beautiful old metallic look. Paint your object black and rub the Gilding Wax gently on the surface.
- Silicone Condensation 20 €19,95 The Silicone Condensation 20 is a 2-component (poly-condensation) molding silicone which cures at room temperature.
- Acrylic resin Set €9,95 Acrylic resin Set is a plaster-like acrylic resin composed of a powder and liquid
- Monster Clay €33,50 Monster Clay® Premium Grade Modeling Clay is a re-useable sulfur free, professional oil/wax based sculpting medium. Composed entirely of non-toxic, food grade components.
- Plasticine €7,50 Plasticine is a synthetic putty which remains soft in contrast to normal clay.
- Wax Paraffin B600 €5,95 Wax Paraffin B600 is a good base wax and is used as a casting wax, or to mix with other wax types. Paraffin wax is a little weaker and shrinks more than microcrystalline wax. Paraffin wax is often whiter than microcrystalline wax.
- Silicone Condensation 20 Starter kit €28,50 Silicone Condensation Starter kit 20 is based on our 2-component (poly-condensation) casting silicone suited for soap, candle and concrete moulds etc.
- Silicone Addition Pink 10 €52,25 The silicone addition Pink 10 is a 2-component (polyaddition) casting silicone, that cures at room temperature to a soft rubber.
- Ordered before 16:00 (Fridays 14.00), shipped the same day
- Always the best price guarantee...
- Not good? Money back guarantee
- Independent customer reviews on trusted shops
- Free shipping in the Netherlands on all orders of € 50 or more
- Klantenservice Tel. +31(0)46 303 09 89 of zelfs in onze winkel
- Wax modeling hard 1 kilo €10,95 Wax modeling is tough specially designed for art and sculpture. This wax is more stable than the modeling default hard even at a higher temperature.
- Silicone Addition Yellow 25 €25,95 The silicone addition Yellow 25 is a 2-component (polyaddition) casting silicone, that cures at room temperature to a medium hard rubber.
- New Bodycasting Primer Black €4,75 Primer for substrates such as acrylic resin or porcelain plaster. Quick-drying, resistant to ageing, pH-neutral, waterproof when dry. This primer is ideal to go together with our Gilding waxes.
- Silicone Addition Green 30 Set €25,95 The silicone addition Green 30 is a 2-component (polyaddition) casting silicone, that cures at room temperature to a relatively hard rubber.
- Casting wax for Jewellery €13,50 Casting wax for Jewellery is specifically designed as a casting wax for small jewelry.
- Silicone Addition Wacker M4601 €46,25 Silicone Addition Wacker M4601 has a good resistance to casting resins (in particular, polyurethane) and low shrinkage. These silicones are very suitable for making strong, flexible and non greasy molds.
- Condensation silicone DC 3481 R €95,50 The Silicone condenation DC 3481 with catalyst 3081 R is idealy suited to make molds for aggressive resins like Epoxy, Polyester and Polyurethane.
- Epoxy support cover €47,50 Epoxy support cover is a two component epoxy system, filled with carbon fiber. This product is used to support flexible moulds.
- Microcrystalline wax LMP slab €5,95 Microcrystalline wax LMP is developed as an alternative to the well-known Shellwax LMP and base wax is real and is used as a casting wax, or as many can mengwas by watering cans.
- Condensation silicone DC 3481 Fast €95,50 The Silicone condenation DC 3481 with catalyst 3081 F is idealy suited to make molds for concrete, wax or soaps in a relatively short time.
- Wax Modeling Wax Medium Hard €9,75 Modeling wax Medium Hard is a modelling wax that works well at room temperature but does not sack quickly at elevated temperatures.
- Wax casting wax artcast €225,00 Wax casting wax artcast is specifically designed as a casting wax with very little shrinkage and perfect detail acquisition.
- Wax Microcrystalline Pastille LMP €6,50 Wax Microcrystalline Pastille LMP is a real base wax and is used as a casting wax, or as an addition to art casting waxes
- New C-Glass Non Woven 30 g/m² €2,95 The C-Glass fabric can be applied in different processes (e. g. by using low pressure) in order to achieve visually and chemically improved surfaces. The binder disperses quickly in the resin, therefore it is possible to handle complex geometries and curv
- Wax - Back up €6,95 Back up wax is a stiff wax that is ideally suited to function as a support layer for brushed on wax or slush casted wax.