When you are duplicating or making a statue, silicone is your material of choice. Silicones copy details up to 1 micro meter. Silicones are flexible which will greatly facilitate the removal of the final casting. Our silicones normally are 2 component liquid silicones that harden at room temperature (Room Temperature Vulcanising). However when you prefer to brush the silicone onto your model you can thicken the silicone using a thixo.
With silicones you can make flexible moulds of statues and figurines for wax, soap, concrete, cement, acrylic resin, plaster polyurethane, epoxide and many more casting materials. If you use a resin that is “aggressive” to silicone, like polyurethane, polyester or epoxide the number of castings you can make is limited by the kind of resin and the volume of the casting. All other neutral casting products can be cast into this mould almost limitlessly.
When building a silicone mould we normally advise to build a 5 mm thick silicone skin. For larger moulds however this will make the silicone mould less stable. To counter this one can use a support. A support is often made out of wood or plaster. Lightweight supports are made from acrylic resin with glass fibre fabric or an epoxide support material set. Often the case / moulding box in which the silicone is poured over the original model is used as a support.
Moulding boxes can be made from wood, plastic (like a case for butter) or even made with Lego stones or kneaded with plasticine. The better the box fits around the model the fewer silicone you use. Please take care to lacquer / finish moulding boxes made out of porous materials like unfinished wood or clay. This also goes for the model you want to copy.
- Porcelain gypsum plaster €4,75 Porcelain gypsum is cast into molds, for reliefs, models, ornaments and reproductions of large shapes up to small highly detailed shapes.
- Silicone Condensation 20 €19,95 The Silicone Condensation 20 is a 2-component (poly-condensation) molding silicone which cures at room temperature.
- Acrylic resin Set €11,50 Acrylic resin Set is a plaster-like acrylic resin composed of a powder and liquid
- Plasticine €7,50 Plasticine is a synthetic putty which remains soft in contrast to normal clay.
- Silicone Addition Pink 10 €25,95 The silicone addition Pink 10 is a 2-component (polyaddition) casting silicone, that cures at room temperature to a soft rubber.
- Silicone Condensation 20 Starter kit €28,50 Silicone Condensation Starter kit 20 is based on our 2-component (poly-condensation) casting silicone suited for soap, candle and concrete moulds etc.
- Plaster bandage €11,95 Plaster bandages to make support hulls for (alginate) molds.
- Condensation silicone DC 3481 R €95,50 The Silicone condenation DC 3481 with catalyst 3081 R is idealy suited to make molds for aggressive resins like Epoxy, Polyester and Polyurethane.
- Ordered before 15:00 (Fridays 13.00), shipped the same day
- Always the best price guarantee...
- Not good? Money back guarantee
- Independent customer reviews on trusted shops
- Free shipping in the BeNeLux on all orders of € 50 or more
- Customer Service Tel. 0031 46 410 62 60 or in our shop
- Epoxy support cover €47,50 Epoxy support cover is a two component epoxy system, filled with carbon fiber. This product is used to support flexible moulds.
- Silicone Addition Green 30 Set €25,95 The silicone addition Green 30 is a 2-component (polyaddition) casting silicone, that cures at room temperature to a relatively hard rubber.
- Release agent (spray) €15,25 This release spray works well for releasing your silicone mold from the original or for releasing castings from your silicone mold.
- Wax modeling hard €9,95 Wax modeling is tough specially designed for art and sculpture. This wax is more stable than the modeling default hard even at a higher temperature.
- Casting wax for Jewellery €13,50 Casting wax for Jewellery is specifically designed as a casting wax for small jewelry.
- Silicone Addition Wacker M4601 €46,25 Silicone Addition Wacker M4601 has a good resistance to casting resins (in particular, polyurethane) and low shrinkage. These silicones are very suitable for making strong, flexible and non greasy molds.
- Triaxial glass fibre fabric €4,75 Triaxial fiberglas fabric is used as reinforcement in eg acrylic resin, silicone or polyester. This cloth is easier to drape than a normal tissue.
- Acrylic resin Thixo €4,50 Acrylic resin Thixo is an additive to thicken the Acrylic resin set. This way you can make gels or paste like material.
- Condensation silicone DC 3481 Fast €95,50 The Silicone condenation DC 3481 with catalyst 3081 F is idealy suited to make molds for concrete, wax or soaps in a relatively short time.
- Acrylic Resin Sealer Satin €8,50 Acrylic Sealer Satin is a water-based shiny coating to protect your acrylic model from moisture and make it weatherproof.
- Filler glass beads (hollow) €4,25 Filler glass beads (hollow) are microscopic glass spheres. These beads are often used as a filler for silicone and resins.
- Wax Modeling Wax Medium Hard €9,75 Modeling wax Medium Hard is a modelling wax that works well at room temperature but does not sack quickly at elevated temperatures.
- Wax casting wax artcast €9,95 Wax casting wax artcast is specifically designed as a casting wax with very little shrinkage and perfect detail acquisition.
- Microcrystalline wax LMP €5,95 Microcrystalline wax LMP is developed as an alternative to the well-known Shellwax LMP and base wax is real and is used as a casting wax, or as many can mengwas by watering cans.
- Acrylic Resin Sealer Matt €8,50 Acrylic Sealer Matt is a water-based matt coating to protect your acrylic model from moisture and make it weatherproof.
- Silicone Addition Yellow 25 €25,95 The silicone addition Yellow 25 is a 2-component (polyaddition) casting silicone, that cures at room temperature to a medium hard rubber.