Topcoat Premium ISO-NPG
This polyester topcoat resin can be used for swimming pools.
Do not forget to order the MEKP hardener (1.5-2%): CLICK HERE
This polyester topcoat is used as a finishing layer for a polyester project such as a polyester laminate or a polyester coating where resistance to water, chlorine, salt and other chemicals is important. Examples are the finishing layer of molds and plugs that release well and the top layer of artworks for outdoor use, swimming pools and laminate projects for automotive and marine construction.
Due to the high resistance to osmosis, this topcoat is well resistant to water and temperature changes after curing.
Please note: topcoat in color cannot be returned, because it is specially produced.
High mechanical properties
High inherent shine
Durable gloss retention
Easy to process
- Mixing ratio weight (100 grams at 20 ° C): 100: 2 (1.5 to 2% MEKP hardener.)
- Processing time: 20 minutes
- Styren content: 30% +/- 2%
- Gel time: 20-30 minutes
- Viscosity: 200-250 cSt
- Density: 1.30 ± 0.05 g / cm3
- Barcol hardness: 38-40
- Exothermal peak time: 45-65 minutes
- Exothermal peak: Fig 100 ° C ± 20°C
- Tensile strength (ISO 527 - 1/2 - 1993): 60 MPa
- Tensile modulus (ISO 527 - 1/2 - 1993): 3300 MPa
- Flexural strength (ISO 178-1993): 125 MPa
- Flexural modulus (ISO 178 - 1993): 3725 MPa
- Elongation at break(ISO 527-1 / 2-1993): 2.1%
- Heat Distortion Temperature (ASTM D 2583-87): 92°C
- Color wenn not colored with a dye: Natural / light pink sheen
This product should be used at a temperature between 15°C and 30°C (workshop, product, mold) with humidity below 80%.
Normally, a topcoat is applied in a layer thickness of 0.3 mm. Make sure the topcoat does not run. The structure of the topcoat is determined by the way of application. Brush, roller or spray will produce a different texture.
The end result will always be a satin gloss. It is possible to polish the topcoat afterwards to a high gloss result.
No thinning is necessary. In extreme cases however, this may be done:
- Use a maximum of 6% acetone or 7% styrene for spraying.
- Use a maximum of 5% thinner for brush application as to much thinning can make the polyester porous.
Store below 20°C. With proper storage (tightly closed, dark and cool but never too cold) can be kept for at least 6 months.
Keep containers tightly closed. Store and handle ina dry, well-ventilated place away from heat sources or inflammation and direct sunlight. Never weigh in the storage area.Consult material safety.
Use safety gloves, splash goggles and work in a ventilated area or with a respirator for organic vapors. Wash hands and skin thoroughly after contact or after normal use, rinse eyes and mouth in case of accidents.