Variobond Flex Set - 1.5 kg.
Variobond is a solvent-free, thixotropic, drip-free, 2-component filling paste based on a flexible epoxy resin system.
- Suitable as adhesive for bonding various materials such as wood, steel, aluminium, plastics and
- Also suitable as multi-purpose filler for steel, wood, GRP, etc.;
- Due to a permanent flexibility high adhesive strength;
- Recommend for fillet-joints;
- Excellent water resistance;
- Easy mixing as both components are thixtropic;
- Suitable for interior and exterior use and applciations
- Suitable for woodcore epoxy constructions;
- Remains flexible reducing the risk of cracking and tearing.
Colour and gloss
Opaque - high gloss
Basic proporties (at 23°C and 50% r.h.)
- Density : approx. 1,4 g/cm3 (mixed product)
- Solid content : approx. 100 % (volume)
- Recommended d.f.t. : depending on application
- Dust dry after : approx. 24 hours
- Full cure after : approx. 2 days, see additional information
- Recoating interval : min. 24 hours, see additional information
- Shelf life : separate components, stored cool and dry in original packaging, minimum 12 months
- Flash point (DIN53213) : base component 150°C, hardener 112°C
Depending on application : approx. 1,0 - 3,0 m2/kg, see additional information
The practical spreading rate depends on a number of variables, such as: shape and size of object to
be painted, the condition and profile of the substrate, the method of application, climatologic
conditions and skill of labour.
Substrate condition and temperature
- Wood: clean and dry, free from any contamination and loose particles, moisture content maximum 12%, pre-treated with Variopox Injection resin and/or Variopox Impregnating resin and sanded with grit paper P120;
- Metals: clean and dry, free from oil, grease, contamination and loose particles,
pre-treated with IJmopox ZF primer and sanded with grit paper P120;
- Concrete : clean and dry, free from any contamination and loose particles, moisture
content maximum 4%, pre-treated with Variopox Injection resin;
- Polyester : clean and dry, free from contamination and loose particles, exposed glass
fibres pre-treated with Variopox Injection resin and sanded with grit paper
- Other surfaces : clean and dry, in good condition, free from any contamination and loose
particles, sanded with grit paper P120;
During application and curing a minimum temperature of 10°C is allowed. The temperature of the
substrate should be minimum 3°C above dew point.
H315 Causes skin irritation.
H319 Causes serious eye irritation.
H317 May cause an allergic skin reaction.
H411 Toxic to aquatic life with long lasting effects.
P-Code Precautionary Statements
P101 If medical advice is needed, have product container or label at hand.
P102 Keep out of reach of children.
P103 Read label before use.
P261 Avoid breathing mist/vapours/spray.
P273 Avoid release to the environment.
P280 Wear protective gloves / eye protection / face protection.
P305+P351+P338 IF IN EYES: Rinse cautiously with water for several minutes. Remove contact lenses, if present and easy to do. Continue rinsing.
P333+P313 If skin irritation or rash occurs: Get medical advice/attention.
P501 Dispose of contents/container in accordance with local/regional/national/international regulations