Worbla Transpa Art
Worbla’s® Transpa Art (WTA) – the transparent thermoplastic sheet by Cast4Art!
This material is incredibly flexible while it holds its shape very good at the same time. In addition like all the other products of the Worbla’s® Art Series it is non-toxic and solvent-free. The material should be heated to 120°C (250°F).
So it is strongly advised wearing working gloves with rubberized fingers while working with it!
WTA cools down after a few minutes but can be reactivated as often as you like. So it can be used to work bit by bit. It is recommended to use a wet sponge, an old tooth brush, or sculpting tools.
You can also cast Worbla’s® Transpa Art into moulds. When kneaded the material becomes a little bit milky. Therefore it is possible to create e.g. nicely shining gemstones with LEDs.
You can dye the Worbla’s® Transpa Art and work with the already coloured material. Window colours and spray paint can be used for painting it afterwards. Or you can use a coloured thermal elastic foil which is also used in car tuning. There are simply many possibilities for making your WTA colourful!
Surplus material should be, by use of a cutter or something similar, removed after heating the WTA again. Rough or milky areas can be worked again by using clear lacquer or nail polish.
If one layer is not enough or you want to connect several pieces, we recommend using clear superglue to keep it clear and transparent. But you can e.g. use rivets, a soldering iron or hot glue for affixing as well.
Before using the Worbla’s® Transpa Art for the first time it‘s strongly advised to watch the HowToUse Introduction (with English subtitles) at the Cast4Art You Tube Channel:
- Can be reactivated with heat as often as wanted to (best approx. 120°C / 250°F)
- Several layers/ pieces can be connected e.g. with superglue, rivets, a soldering iron and more
- Extremely flexible but inherently stable
- Processing time up to several minutes, depending on the time of exposure of the heat
- Simple, safe and clean handling when wearing gloves, also for beginners
- Non-toxic, solvent-free and contains no hazardous substances
- Can be dyed directly or painted afterwards
- Leftovers can be re-used and under normal conditions it can be stored for years