Chemlease® 15 Sealer EZ
Chemlease® 15 Sealer EZ is a high performance sealer developed to condition and seal mold surfaces, reduce mold porosity and act as a base for new or reconditioned molds.
- Reduces porosity problems.
- Provides an excellent base coat for all types of release agents.
- Compatible with fiberglass, aluminum, steel, and most solid or dense surfaces
- Shortens break-in time.
- Reduces labor time and costs
- High temperature stability
- HAPs free
* HAPs are not formula constituents of this product. Standard manufacturing processes may result in trace quantities [<0 .1%] of HAPs.
Chemlease® solvent carriers contain no Class I or II registered ozone depleting substances
- Mold surface must be thoroughly cleaned to remove all traces of wax, release agents, and other sealers. We recommend Chemlease® Mold Cleaner EZ.
- Surface should be dry and free of contaminants.
- Saturate clean cotton cloth (not dripping), we recommend our Chemlease® Cotton Cloth, and wipe on a smooth continuous film of no more than 0,6 meter² at a time.
- When the film begins to evaporate at the edges, approximately 15-20 seconds, wipe the surface with a second clean dry cotton cloth. Use a circular motion from the outside, working inwards until the tooling is left dry and clear. See Notes.
- Repeat above procedures until entire mold surface has been covered. Usually only one coat is necessary on a seasoned mold (Two coats are recommended when sealing a new or green mold. Allow 15 minutes cure time between the first and second application. Wait 1 hour after the second coat before applying the release or top coat).
- Allow to cure for one hour before applying mold release.
- Mold surface must be thoroughly cleaned to remove all traces of wax, release agents, and sealers.
- To apply by spraying use a new, clean, hand held manual spray bottle or a clean dry air system. It is important that all containers and spray lines be thoroughly clean and dried. If container is dirty, rinse at least 2 times with an appropriate cleaner.
- Keep spray nozzle 25 – 38 cm from mold surface and apply a smooth, thin continuous film. Do not allow to run or drip (by over applying).
- When film begins to evaporate at edges, approximately 15-20 seconds, wipe the surface with a second clean dry cotton cloth using a circular motion from the outside, working inwards until film is left dry and clear. See Notes.
- Repeat above procedures until the entire mold surface is covered overlapping slightly to ensure complete coverage. Usually only one coat is necessary on a seasoned mold (Two coats are recommended when sealing a new or green mold. Allow 15 minutes cure time between the first and second application. Wait one hour after the second coat before applying the release or top coat).
- Allow to cure for one hour before applying mold release .
Important The recommended number of coats and cure times are a general guideline found to be more than sufficient in a broad spectrum of molding conditions. When molding products with extreme geometries or experiencing lowhumidity conditions in the shop, the customer may find the need to extend the cure time between coats and increase the number of coats applied to the mold. The efficiency of a release film is best determined through a combination of tape tests and experimentation.
- Keep container closed at all times when not in use.
- Mold must be thoroughly cleaned and dried before application. A good test to tell if the mold is clean is to use a small piece of masking tape (approximately 2,5 cm in width) on the mold surface. Sufficient resistance should be felt when removing the tape.
- Material should be clear with no noticeable precipitate. If cloudy or milky, material is contaminated.
- Areas of application should be well ventilated.
Recommended storage temperature is between 10°C and 35°C. Keep container tightly sealed to prevent evaporation and/or contamination. If stored in cold temperatures, allow product to warm to room temperature prior to use.
Flammable liquid and vapor. Do not use a heat source in conjunction with this product.
Keep away from heat / sparks / open flames / hot surfaces.
Work in a well ventilated area.
Wear protective gloves and eye protection.
Eye contact: the eye rinsing with running water for 15 minutes. Consult a doctor.
Skin contact: Wash with soap and water. Repeated exposure may cause skin dryness or cracking. If irritation persists, consult a doctor.
Ingestion: Rinse mouth and drink water. Do not induce vomiting. Consult a doctor.