Polyurethane Casting Resin D70 Quick Set
- White colored two or three-piece system
- Designed for fast, accurate castings
- Can be molded into a layer thickness of 40 mm, provided that you are using sufficient filler
- Filler quantity varies depending on application, and even entirely omittable
- After 40 minutes, ontmalbaar (in mixture 1: 1: 3)
- Can be used with up to 600% (of the total weight) are mixed with filler
This PU results in a hard plastic that is very suitable for small castings, fixing molds, foundry models, replicas and prototypes.
A polyurethane casting system consisting of an A- and B-component. Optional fillers can be added. This casting system is characterized in particular by its fast de-mould time and ease of use. The system can be used perfectly for small castings, fixing molds, foundry models, replicas and prototypes.
- Mischungsverhältnis: A: B = 1: 1
- Bearbeitungszeit: 2 Minuten
- Entformzeit bei 20 ° C: 15 Minuten
- Dichte: 1,08 g / cm³
- Lineare Schrumpfung: 0,2%
- Maximale Dicke pro Guss: 4-30 mm.
- Glastemperatur: 60-70 ° C.
- Härte: Shore D 70
- Mischungsverhältnis: A: B: Füllstoff = 1: 1: 3
- Bearbeitungszeit: 4 Minuten
- Entformzeit bei 20 ° C: 30-40 Minuten
- Dichte 1,6 g / cm³
- Lineare Schrumpfung: 0,15%
- Maximale Dicke pro Guss: 30-40 mm.
- Glastemperatur: 60-70 ° C.
- Härte: Shore D 80
Pour the components together and mix well. Pour the mixed product with a constant flow into the mold, making sure no air is entrapped. Excessive heat in castings of more than 30 mm thickness can be prevented by pouring multiple successive layers (let the layer harden till it is over its exothermal peak before the next layer is poured). Hold the de-moulding until the specified time has elapsed. The thermal and mechanical properties will develop rapidly, but it is possible to improve the thermal behavior by "post curing" the cast for a few hours at a temperature of 60°C.
The dehumidifiers in these products tend to settle out. We therefore recommend aggitating the components before decanting. The less filler you add, the higher the exothermic peak will be. Adding a heat conducting filler will make casting thicker layers possible. Use a mixing vessel with large surface area in order to make a maximum pot life. Adding to much filler might make the product more rigid and brittle.
The polyurethane casting system should be stored in a dry place between 6-28°C, the expiration date, which is based on storage within the specified conditions, is indicated on the packaging. Opened packages should be processed as quickly as possible to ensure product quality. Max shelf life is 6 months
The products are generally quite safe in use as long as one takes the usual precautions which is common in processing of chemical products. For example, the two components must not come into contact with food or eating utensils. Contact with the skin of one or both components must be avoided. If after cleaning skin stays sensitive contact a docter. Rinse eyes well for 15 minutes in case material gets in the eyes and contact docter. Do not ingest. For further information see Safety Data Sheet.
Tutorial Filled PU: