Jus-Dip ™ ready-to-use slurry
Packed in a resealable plastic barrel.
- No slurry tank required – Just dip directly into the container
- No stirring required – Only stir before the first use of the day
- Minimal waste – When not in use, re-seal the container and store in an appropriate place.
- Excellent wax adhesion
- Can be used as both a primary and backup. Optionally dilution with deionised water possible.
- Excellent slurry life
- Includes shell dryness indicator
- Performs perfectly under less than ideal environmental and processing conditions
Easy to use
Jus-Dip is a pre-blended slurry that contains optimized levels of refractory, additives, and polymer to provide the best performance.
Setup is easy, place the container in your shell room, or wherever you will be dipping, remove the lid and stir. Your slurry is now ready for use, as Jus-Dip doesn’t need to be constantly stirred you can dip directly from the container.
Hint: Make sure the slurry temperature and wax temperature are very similar to avoid cracks in the shell.
Jus-Dip includes Remet Sci-Dry™ which gives a visual indication of when a shell is dry enough for the next coat. It also includes a wetting agent and an anti-foam, ensuring that the slurry requires a low level of technical equipment and maintenance.
When the slurry is not in use replace the lid and store it until it is required again. If being used in a slurry tank, turn off the tank and cover the slurry to prevent any evaporation.
Health and safety benefits
There are many dangers working in a foundry, with Jus-Dip we have been able to reduce some of these risks.
- Risk of hand crushing – As Jus-Dip can be used directly from the container or any other form of static tank, this removes the danger of hands being caught in the blades or any other moving parts of the tank.
- Dust inhalation – When making up a traditional slurry there is the danger of inhalation of the silica dust while it is being added into the mix. By using a pre-blended slurry this danger is removed, particularly useful in teaching environments where students may not realize the risks.
A number of art and educational foundries have already started to benefit from the advantages provided by Jus-Dip. They are benefiting from the convenience of being able to dip directly into the container with minimal setup and maintenance requirements, without impacting the quality of the finished items.
For more information read the case study here.
Please note: We can only ship this material at temperature above 5oC on a pallet!