totalCAST Clear Art Casting Resin
Clear epoxy resin, uv stable
Canvas, wood, glas, perspex, concrete metals
- 1:1 mixing ratio by volume or weight
- Non toxic and VOC free
- Odour free and solvent free
- Built in air release agents and moisture scavengers
- BPA (Bisphenol) free
- UV Stable, no need for HALS or UV blockers
totalCAST Art Resin has been ASTM certified, non-hazardous and non-toxic. UV Resistance: totalCAST utilises hybrid technology to inhibit yellowing.
This epoxy resin system is used to coat and seal artwork on canvas, wood, MDF, glass, perspex, concrete, metals etc. The product can be applied by pouring, brush or roller. The excellent clarity and optical transparency makes the resin ideally suited for the protection and decoration of paintings, sculptures & collages, photos & prints, wood & timber artefacts (clocks and puzzles etc), pendants, bangles & other jewellery items, flower setting and paperweights.
This formulation represents cutting edge polymeric technology and was developed to offer unrivalled user friendliness and a crystal clear result every time.
Please be advised although our resins are U.V stabilised this does not mean they are U.V proof. Ultimately all our clear epoxy resins will show signs of U.V degradation over time. We work constantly to improve the U.V protection however resins are plastics and over time the sun will always win that battle.
Mixing ratio (weight)
Mixing ratio (volume)
Handling time @ 23°C / 25°C
15-20 / 10-12
Demould time @ 23°C*
|Hardness after curing @ 25°C|
|Hardness after curing @ 60°C|
up to 50°C (120°F)
|Viscosity @23oC||[mPa s]|
Differences between totalCAST and MasterCast 1-2-1:
- Mixed viscosity: totalCAST has a lower mixed viscosity and a thinner consistency than MasterCast.
Both can be used as a clear coating resins over existing artwork made with oil paints, acrylics, enamels, watercolours etc, but MasterCast 1-2-1 is better suited to pigmenting in resin art applications. totalCAST is ideal for pouring in moulds for embedding, potting, encapsulating and jewellery production.
Causes skin irritation. May cause an allergic skin reaction. Causes serious eye irritation.
Toxic to aquatic life with long lasting effects.
Skin contact: Remove all contaminated clothes and footwear immediately unless stuck to skin. Wash
immediately with plenty of soap and water.
Eye contact: Bathe the eye with running water for 15 minutes. Consult a doctor.
Ingestion: Wash out mouth with water. Consult a doctor.
Inhalation: Remove casualty from exposure ensuring one's own safety whilst doing so. Consult a doctor.
For further information consult the safety data sheet.