MasterCast 1-2-1 Helder Epoxy Coating Resin
Master Cast is a clear resin developed for Resin Art and casting photos or buttons.
• Suitable for Resin Art
• Ideal as a coating or photo casting
• High gloss
• Crystal clear
• UV stable
• max. 5 mm thickness
MasterCast 1-2-1 Clear Art Coating Resin has been ASTM certified non-hazardous and non-toxic, it utilises the most up to date UV inhibitors/blockers.
1 Litre normally covers about 1,43m2 at 0,5 mm thickness.
MasterCast is a two part epoxy resin with an easy 1:1 mix ratio by volume. (not in weight) The resin self levels to form a perfectly flat and shiny finish. Once cured, MasterCast provides a clear art coating resin that won't shrink or distort over time. It can be applied by pouring or by brush/roller and cures at ambient temperature.
It has excellent UV resistance, clarity and transparency making the resin system particularly suitable for the protection and decoration of: paintings, artwork, sculptures, badges, photos or just about any creative project.
Please be advised although our resins are U.V stabilised this does not mean they are U.V proof. Ultimately all our clear epoxy resins will show signs of U.V degradation over time. We work constantly to improve the U.V protection however resins are plastics and over time the sun will always win that battle.
Mixing ratio (weight)
Handling time @ 23°C / 25°C
15-20 / 10-12
Demould time @ 23°C*
|Hardness after curing @ 25°C|
|Hardness after curing @ 60°C|
up to 50°C (120°F)
|Viscosity @ 23oC||[mPa s]|
4400 (good fluidity)
Differences between MasterCast 1-2-1 and totalCAST
- Mixed viscosity: MasterCast 1-2-1 has a higher mixed viscosity and a thicker consistency
- Curing time: MasterCast 1-2-1 offers a longer working time and a slower cure (6-8hrs @ 20°C)
Both can be used as a clear coating resins over existing artwork made with oil paints, acrylics, enamels, watercolours etc, but MasterCast 1-2-1 is better suited to pigmenting in resin art applications. totalCAST is ideal for pouring in moulds for embedding, potting, encapsulating and jewellery production.
Causes skin irritation. May cause an allergic skin reaction. Causes serious eye irritation.
Toxic to aquatic life with long lasting effects.
Skin contact: Remove all contaminated clothes and footwear immediately unless stuck to skin. Wash
immediately with plenty of soap and water.
Eye contact: Bathe the eye with running water for 15 minutes. Consult a doctor.
Ingestion: Wash out mouth with water. Consult a doctor.
Inhalation: Remove casualty from exposure ensuring one's own safety whilst doing so. Consult a doctor.
For further information consult the safety data sheet.