Double coat High Gloss Set
- Excellent levelling, easy application by brush, roller or spray;
- Good resistance to various chemicals;
- Excellent scratch and mar resistance;
- Excellent gloss and colour retention;
- Good adhesion to various materials (even without the use of primers);
- Suitable as finishing coat in two component paint systems for properly pre-treated wood, steel,
aluminium, epoxy, GRP, ABS, etc.;
- Not suitable for surfaces permanently exposed to water.
- Temperature resistant up to 70°C
Basic properties (at 23°C and 50% R.H.)
- Density: approx. 1,2 g/cm³ (depending on colour)
- Solid content: approx. 52 % (volume)
- Recommended d.f.t. : 35 - 70 µm (dry), depending on application, see additional information
- Dust dry after: approx. 2 hours
- Full cure after: approx. 5 days, see additional information
- Recoating interval: min. 24 hours, see additional information
max. unlimited, provided gritpapered, clean and dry
- Shelf life: separate components, stored cool and dry in original packaging, minimum
- Flash point (DIN53213): Double Coat base component 44°C
Double Coat hardener 45°C
At 35 µm (d.f.t.) : 12,3 m²/kg (14,8 m²/l)
At 50 µm (d.f.t.) : 8,6 m²/kg (10,4 m²/l)
At 70 µm (d.f.t.) : 6,2 m²/kg ( 7,4 m²/l)
The practical spreading rate depends on a number of variables, such as: shape and size of object to
be painted, the condition and profile of the substrate, the method of application, climatologic
conditions and skill of labour.
Substrate condition and temperature
- Steel : properly derusted (ISO Sa 2 1/2), pre-treated with IJmopox ZF
primer/IJmopox HB coating and sanded with grit paper P180-220;
- Aluminium : clean and dry, in good condition, free from any contamination and loose
particles, degreased with Double Coat Degreaser and pre-treated with IJmopox ZF primer/IJmopox HB coating and sanded with grit paper P180-220;
- Wood : moisture content maximum 12%, pre-treated with Variopox Injection resin and sanded with grit paper P120;
- GRP : dry, sanded with grit paper P220-280 and degreased with Double Coat Degreaser;
- Previous two component coatings: clean and dry, in good condition, free from any contamination and loose particles, sanded with grit paper P120-180 and degreased with Double
- Other substrates : clean and dry, in good condition, free from any contamination and loose particles, pre-treated with IJmopox ZF primer or Variopox Injection resin and sanded with grit paper P180-220
During application and curing a minimum temperature of 15ºC is allowed. The temperature of the substrate should be minimum 3ºC above dew point.
Instructions for use:
Mixing ratio: 67,0 base : 33,0 hardener (by weight)
The mixing ratio by volume depends on colour.
Do not prepare more material than can be applied within the pot life of the
Induction time: 30 minutes at 20ºC
- 2 hours at 25 ºC (depending on colour)
- 3 hours at 20 ºC (depending on colour)
- 4 hours at 15 ºC (depending on colour)
- Brush/roller: brush thinner 3-5%, cleaning with brush thinner
- Air spray: spray thinner 5-15%, nozzle orifice 1.2-1.4 mm., nozzel pressure 2-3 bar, cleaning with spray thinner
- Airless spray: spray thinner 0-5%, nozzle orifice 0.009-0.011 inch, nozzle pressure 160 bar, cleaning with spray thinner
H226 Flammable liquid and vapour.
H317 May cause an allergic skin reaction.
H336 May cause drowsiness or dizziness.
H412 Harmful to aquatic life with long lasting effects.
P-Code Precautionary Statements
P101 If medical advice is needed, have product container or label at hand.
P102 Keep out of reach of children.
P103 Read label before use.
P210 Keep away from heat, hot surfaces, sparks, open flames and other ignition sources. No smoking.
P261 Avoid breathing mist/vapours/spray.
P280 Wear protective gloves/protective clothing/eye protection/face protection.
P303+P361+P353 IF ON SKIN (or hair): Take off immediately all contaminated clothing. Rinse skin with water [or shower].
P405 Store locked up.
P501 Dispose of contents/container in accordance with local/regional/